Thursday, June 7, 2012

Breasts

I have decided to write a blog about a subject that should not be a controversial subject, but for some sad reason is:  breasts.

The reason breasts are controversial is mostly due to humanity oversexualizing this part of the female anatomy.  I hate it when people look down on or talk bad about women who breastfeed in public.  I always want to ask them, "Do you eat in public?"  Babies are usually in public against their will.  Don't punish a child because you're embarrassed by seeing a naked breast.  Babies are people that need to eat and the breast is how they do that.

Now many people might agree with me on the point I just mentioned, but they may not agree with me on my next point, because it is a bit extreme to some.  I think that if it is socially acceptable for men to have their upper bodies completely exposed, it should be the same for women too.  Why are we covered just for having a lot more fat and tissue there?  Unfortunately, a lot of it is due to men, who because they are sexually attracted to women, are the ones unnecessarily oversexualizing breasts.  Therefore, breasts make men think of sex instead of nurturing.  Therefore breasts must be covered, I suppose.  I don't agree with that

Now, in regard to bras:  As much as I hate wearing them myself, I recognize there are benefits to them.  Bras keep your breasts stationary when you are moving, which prevents chest pain and reduces ligament tears in your breasts which can make them sag.  Bras also help your breasts look more aesthetically appealing.  I like both of those benefits of wearing bras, but let me tell you, I hate wearing bras.  To me, there is no such thing as a comfortable bra.  I really don't like how it's not socially acceptable to go bra less.  If I am modestly dressed, it should be no one's business what is under my clothes. 

This is one of those subjects that I would like to hear other people's opinions on.  I would love to hear what others think, even if they disagree with me.     

1 comment:

  1. HI. I love breasts and I have no problem with women going braless. Of course, I am a guy so that may skew my thinking. I really do not see the big hang-up society has on breasts. They are a thing of beauty and they are natural (Most of them anyway).

    And I think it is the advertisers who really started ruining it for breasts. Putting busty women in ads and stressing the importance of the breast. I think that made the breast even more of a "sexual" item rather than a nurturing tool. You have to put some of the blame on TV and all of its Sexy Ads.

    ReplyDelete