Monday, July 29, 2013

You Sound Like A Tool

In my unpopular opinion, you sound like a tool when you say that.

What I am referring to is a popular answer to the question, "What kind of music do you like?"  Whenever people ask that question, they are trying to gauge what kind of person you are.  What kind of music you like says a lot about who you are. 

So whenever you answer:  "My taste in music is very eclectic," you sound like a tool.

Even if you don't use the word, "eclectic," you still aren't really answering the question by saying the phrase "all kinds."  Okay, everyone likes "all kinds" of music.  Probably anyone can say their tastes are "eclectic."  That. Is. Not. The. Question.

I know people are asking me that to get an actual idea of the type of music I like.  Even if you give a general answer such as "I like 90's alternative music," which I do, that is more specific than "all kinds."  Sometimes a good way to answer this question is to tell the person your top 3 favorite bands/artists (Mine are Coldplay, Nickel Creek, Beach Boys).  Sometimes you can answer by telling the person what radio station you listen to. 

Lately, my answer to this question would be "guilty pleasures."  (Lol)  I realize that isn't too specific.  Everyone has different guilty pleasures.  So I will be more specific. 


My current playlist to hula-hoop to:  (Yes, I am a hula-hoop enthusiast)

Creep - TLC
No Diggity - Blackstreet
Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
She Wolf - Shakira
Blankest Year - Nada Surf
Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Auf Achse - Franz Ferdinand
Golf Digger - Kanye West
Start the Commotion - Wise Guys
Tearin' Up My Heart - N'Sync

Of course, I need upbeat music to hula-hoop to.  None of these songs are my "driving music."  They're just fun!  You don't need to be so serious.  Just listen to what you want and don't apologize for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment