Sunday, January 8, 2012

You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman


Men seem to have such varying taste in women, it's difficult to predict what one man will want. The stereotype, of course, is that men want tan, big breasted, small-waisted blondes that wear plunging neck lines, short skirts and heels. Some may go for that. Then some may go for you, no matter what you're wearing. These men don't care if you put on make-up, they don't care what you wear. There is more going on here than superficiality vs. genuineness. This isn't just a blog about how some men like apples and some oranges. If you are in a relationship, both of you should accept each other for how you are. The only time intervention should occur into the other's looks is if the person is becoming unhealthy, and this is an issue that should be approached with extreme sensitivity and delicacy since it most certainly would be taken with offense, but still must be said, none the less.

If you are already a lucky lady who has a wonderful man that values you for who you are and not how you dress, then I have a challenge for you: Give up the facade. This is certainly not to say "give up." I think people should take pride in their appearance, and women especially should feel beautiful. I gave up the facade, but I didn't give up. I still know how to look hot without looking or feeling fake. :)

Here is what I do in order to give up the facade. Maybe you would rather start small by cutting back on make up. I was able to figure out what feels natural to me.

1.) I only wear mascara for make up. I still have other make-up for really special occasions, but on a daily/work basis, I only wear mascara. My skin quality has improved immensely, but the mascara still gives me a little pop.

2.) I do not shave. This was a difficult one because I felt better physically after shaving in the past and hairy legs made me feel masculine at first. Then my husband reminded me that it's not masculine...it's human. We are the ones that changed things. Of course, I still wear short skirts with tights. I never show my legs. And with it being winter, it feels cozy. This isn't to say I won't shave come summer time, but it shouldn't be an expected thing to shave even when legs aren't seen.

3.) I only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week. This is one most people are already aware of because many magazines like Cosmo have been recommending that women now wash their hair every day for years. It is better for the health and appearance of your hair. But your hair gets oily if you go a day without washing it? That is because you wash it every day. Try showering at night, the next day you don't wash it, the next day you shower again at night. That's a good start. Also, to get over that oil phase, try putting baby powder, baking powder, or even flour in your hair to soak up the extra oil. I still bathe daily, I just avoid washing my hair.

4.) A huge thing that aids women's health is avoiding wearing underwear. Underwear is extremely bad for your feminine hygeine. Cotton is best because it's somewhat breathable, but it is still not preferable. The underwear holds in heat which is a breeding ground for bacteria. You can get vaginal infections and it is not pleasant. The absolute best way to be healthy down there is to wear a skirt (maybe with a slip or petticoat under it, or not) with no underwear. Of course, I don't do this every day myself, I'm just telling you what's best. I still wear pants most days, just pants that are better without underwear. And I try to wear skirts more.

5.) You don't have to do exactly what I do, just do something to make yourself feel like you, without all the fake beauty things we do. Do something to avoid the facade.



Feel Beautiful Naturally!
My project of the day today sewing potholders. You make it like a little quilt by piecing four squares together (handsewn). Then you find a backing that is about an inch bigger all around than your square. Take some kind of batting (the middle piece) like cotton, wool, or even other materials and sew through all three layers to quilt it either on machine or by hand in whatever quilting pattern you'd like. Finish it by folding the bottom layer over the top layer all around and sew it down. Voila!

This is before it is sewed down, but you can still get an idea of what the finished product will look like.

2 comments:

  1. hey Rebecca, this is Kellie (Selzer) I just wanted to add my two cents! If you find your hair looking/feeling oily inbetween washes, I would recommend two things: the first, dry shampoo! I LOVE dry shampoo! It is the most wonderful invention ever. Also great if it's been that two to three days but for some reason you don't have enough time to shower and/or wash your hair first. I prefer TRESemmé dry shampoo myself, because it doesn't have a weird oder like baby power, and also doesn't leave any white residue like some other products I've tried. Some products I've found leave your hair stiff-like as well which I don't like. The TRESemmé product keeps your hair the same consistency as it was before. And you are totally right about the every two to three days washing thing- plus it is a great time saver! I've actually found now that I've been doing that for awhile my hair doesn't get NEAR as oily as it used to (although could be hormones changing/growing up) and I can go up to four days sometimes in between washes.

    The other thing I've found that helps for my hair at least, (which has very fine strands but I have a TON of hair at the same time), is to alternate what products I use to shampoo and condition my hair. Using one product all the time causes build up of ingredients. So I'll use one type of shampoo + conditioner, and then the next time I wash my hair, two to four days later, I use a completely different brand of shampoo + conditioner. Occasionally I will also use something that is a shampoo + conditioner combo. While I find often those don't condition my hair enough to help tame static and frizzy flyaway hair, it's a good thing to use if I need to wash my hair badly but am super short on time or if it hasn't been much time in between washes, like say if I've went swimming or something and want the chlorine out of my hair. Just a few thoughts! Can't wait to read more of your blog once I have more time to read through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Good to see you're reading! I had been using baking soda inbetween washes. I've used dry shampoo before, but I'll have to try the TRESemme kind now that you've told me about it.

      Dry shampoo probably will be supierior to the baking soda, which kind of makes me feel like a 1700's person in a powdered wig. :D

      Delete